Managing Fears of Recurrence
When we are going through our cancer journey many of us tell our cancer story over and over and it may even become like a badge. By doing that, this story can keep us stuck. By retelling that story we disempower ourselves, it puts us right back into those feelings of fear. I encourage you here to begin to put your focus and attention on what we want to achieve NOW, or when you are complete with your cancer treatment. Do you want to run a marathon, write that book, start that business, travel to Italy, plant that organic garden? Begin to journal about something that is bigger than yourself, something you may have felt was impossible. It should be something a little out of reach, something you have been thinking about for a long time, or maybe something that has come up for you recently that you thought you couldn’t do now because of the cancer.
- Tool #10: Releasing Fear Ritual
- Listen to the ritual again, and continue to do the work around managing your fears of reccurrence.
- Go back into the Library and re-experience one of the tools that you felt helped you.
- Update your vision board with the new ideas of what you want to set as a goal for yourself that is bigger than you. Fill in some action steps you can take that brings your goal closer.
- Keep practicing affirmations and prayers that feel good to you.