Connecting with Nature
What is Connecting with Nature? Being connected with nature means to feel a connection with the earth, the grounded part of ourselves, being present, centered and calm. We have lost our feelings of being part of this community of life, and therefore we have lost a piece of ourselves. In this technological age, there is an apparent disconnection from our physical bodies and the earth, the plants, and animals. When was the last time you kicked off your shoes and walked in the grass? Feeling you are a part of the grand design of nature, the earth, the animals and plants, gives you a groundedness, a sense of the Sacred, while awakening your Spirit. It is a very self-loving act to give yourself permission to spend as much time as possible in and around nature. Especially when going through a health challenge, it is very important to be connected with your Self, Nature and Spirit.
- Tool #5: Nature/Nurture – Hug a Tree - Visualization
- Tool #6: Colors in Nature Visualization.
- Make a list for yourself of what you love to do to connect with nature. Take a nice walk, watch a sunset, plant a garden, bird watching. Look at pictures of nature or draw nature.
- Whether you can get out into nature now or not, try the Nature/Nurture Visualization again.
- Find a touchstone to remain aligned with nature.